Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Stitch---CAS

CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday LINKY PARTY challenge ending March 31, 2013

CLICK HERE for the winner of the  DL.ART Thankful Thursday #105 challenge ending March 26, 2013  


Hi Friends,

 This seemed appropriate for me today seeing as how this is the day I meet with my knit wit friends. I took a plate of pound cake. I am so glad I did not bring any home. It was a hit, so that is good.
Right now we are knitting 27 hat and scarf sets for 2-5 year old  children in an orphanage in Zambia. The scarves are so small 4"x 36 inches.  We have some nice bright colors.  We have to have these finished by the end of May. 

On to my project:
I am still experimenting with this and I like this one, but I had planned some other items on it but got distracted by the hubby and glued it down, and totally forgot that I was going to punch holes in the images and run twine through them. I think that would have given it a more finished look.  But, it still has a nice CAS look. 





Card stock PTI stampers select white ripe avocado linen and dark chocolate
Inks JB: lemon drop chili powder and chicken feed
embossing powder Creative Inspirations White Deliquesce
Stamp set : PTI-Hanging by a thread

Challenges:
Simon says:AG
The Paper shelter:AG

Have a blessed evening, Diana

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a busy but fun day. Beautiful card, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the card turned out just fine. Love how clean it looks...beautiful!

    Have a great day!
    Dee B
    Crafdeecat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Diana, but even better service project---great work you ladies are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sentiment, and I love what you and your "knit wit" friends are doing for the boys in the orphanage. Great name for your group, btw;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the CAS feel and great masculine feel too.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card - and what a blessing to be knitting hats and scarves - They will truly be appreciated - have a wonderful day Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the image, great sentiment. TFS

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your warm colors and what a great cause, fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS!!Love the sentiment,very SWEET!
    Have a wonderful weekend & a Happy Easter my friend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unique and love the colors of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card.
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...