Saturday, March 9, 2013

MOTORCADE FROM SANTA CRUZ TO SAN JOSE FOR THE MEMORIAL OF SGT. BUTCH BAKER AND DETECTIVE ELIZABETH BUTLER

CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday MARCH LINKY PARTY challenge ending 3-31-13
CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #104 challenge ending March 12, 2013






Good Morning Friends, 


This is just a glimpse of the ride to the memorial from Santa Cruz to the HP pavilion.
This video is speed-ed of course.  The real time was about 1 hour and 15 minutes, with no stops.
 Going slow like we did, you could see the tears streaming down  the faces of the mourners and supporters.


(I had a video here of the motorcade, it was not mine and it is no longer available on you tube )


I will try to post something happy later.   I just don't think I am done grieving the loss,  and that may take quite awhile.  Thank you for being here for me

Hugs to all of you, I really appreciate everyone of you, and it is at times like this it is even clearer to me,
Have a blessed day, Diana

11 comments:

  1. All those people lining the streets -- what marvelous support!!! Ohhhh I don't think though I could have stood to bear to look into those grieiving faces!!!

    Diana, tfs and take your time; you need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you my friend. Huge HUGS!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice were goodby,
    Three years ago we buried with the honors even my father, who was a commander in the police.
    Very touching and beautiful
    Hugs my bloggie friend on the oder side of Earth
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like wonderful support from the community which is amazing and so wonderful to hear. Diana, I will be thinking of you and sending you prayers your way. Stay strong my friend.
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even more sad when someone falls who is just there to protect...thanks for reminding us how precious life is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for you and your community for the tragic loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending a HUGE amount of LOVE & HUGS...Did you get it?..:)
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about this event - we live in a world of sin - which means sinful people - Praise God He loved us enough to buy us back with the death of Jesus on the Cross - may you find the comfort during these months of grieving from family, friends, and the Lord- it is so sad - my hubby is a retired police officer ~ we understand your pain and what the family and community are going through - God bless all of you - so very sorry Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watching that video and crying along with your community. May God hold you in the palm of his hand and give you peace.

    Hugs & Kisses,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Diana, So very sorry to hear of what you, the families of the Heroes and your community is going through and to endure such a tremendous loss. Sending prayers and love. Time is on your side along with the grace of God to guide you through mourn and healing.

    BTW - I can't find myself making or buying Sympathy cards...you're not alone.

    Sending you Blog love and Prayers!
    Dee B
    Crafdeecat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...