Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pear for the teacher


CLICK HERE : for my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS LINKY PARTY opened all month long (September 30)
CLICK HERE for my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge ending September 8


Good Morning Friends,

I was inspired by a teacher on this one, any teacher will do.  Let me ask you this if you are or were a teacher

DID YOU EVER GET AN APPLE FROM A STUDENT?

I'm curious, where does the term  "An apple for the teacher" come from?
I say give the teacher a pear
The title of my piece is " A pear for the teacher



So I decided to do a tag instead of a card, my tag is PTI Kraft. A Sizzix large tag die.  The black Satin Ribbon is offray.  My pear is clay I stained it with wood stain first and let it dry overnight, then I came back in with acrylic paints and did the finished painting. I used a safari staple to staple the gold thread holding the camera ( the camera was one of the charms that My BFF gave me for Christmas last year. The gears are sizzix TH.
The the blUe and the black paper are Core'dinations I sanded them down to get this really cool effect.
The burlap is left over from my art exhibit in January (I have a lot of that left).  The little stamped time pieces are from Stampendous, I used black chalbox ink.

I hope you like my attempt at getting steampunky or grundgy,

Challenges:
Scrappy moms: shaped project
Paper take weekly: AG


Have a Blessed day, Diana



14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Diana!!! What a great tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag!!! You sure put a lot of work into it, wow! As for the apple from the student I have no idea where that orginated?? Now I have to look it up but I love the Pear idea, why not???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana,
    A fabulous Tag!AWESOME!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely tag - I love the iddy bitty camera:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome tag, Diana!! I love the camera charm!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the tag with the perfect pear...
    and found this on the web
    "According to aboutapple.com, the juicy fruit is a traditional present for teachers in the United States, Denmark, and Sweden. Some think the practice originated as a simple gift of food for poorly paid teachers. Others believe the good health associated with apples made the present particularly meaningful."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be afraid to eat it....it might be poisoned or something, LOL!!! ;) Your tag is great, I really like all the little extra elements you added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Tag. Love all the embellishments and dimensions you added into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great tag Diana! Such perfect details.
    Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...